Microsoft SharePoint Consulting
Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server technology is a secure, scalable, enterprise portal server built upon Windows SharePoint Services that can be used to help your customers aggregate SharePoint sites, information, and applications into a single portal.
SharePoint enables organizations to create a complete view of their business. Users can access information that is most relevant to them, and quickly locate and access documents, projects, and best practices by searching or browsing-all through the portal. It also makes it easy for team and business units to contribute to the portal and share knowledge across the organization.
Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server technology and Windows SharePoint Services provide answers to the following business needs:
Working together on team projects and sharing information, often-through ad-hoc processes, to accomplish project goals.
- Document Management
Structured way to manage and share documents through the use of versioning, metadata, profiles, workflows, search, and information management policies.
- Portal and Application Integration
A personalized user interface that brings together information from different line of business applications and other sources such as web sites or web services
- Content Management
Publishing and design processes for pages on portals or other web sites.
In addition, SharePoint serves as a development platform for enterprise applications. Development teams can leverage the following technologies within their own applications.
- SharePoint Object Model
Using SharePoint lists, version control, search, and security to store and present application information.
- Web Parts
Organizing applications and deploying "web based windows"
- InfoPath Forms and Windows Workflow Foundation
Automating business processes to improve document management or to provide simple interfaces for collecting date for ERP systems and other line of business applications.
The product is very powerful. However, in order to fulfill your organizations unique business needs, it requires configuration and customization as well as training for the users, administrators, and developers. IPCS SharePoint portal server consulting team helps with SharePoint portal server installation and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server aka MOSS customizations. Our SharePoint Portal Server Experts can intervene at any stage of your SharePoint project from evaluation, through planning, customization, integration, and installation to ongoing support.
- Information Organization and Portal Planning
- Mapping organization structure to SharePoint
- Setting up document management (content types, workflows, information management policies)
- Setting up security
- Setting up templates and management of site collections
- Setting up web parts that organize internal and external information
- Server Farm Setup
- Web application configuration
- Search, User Profiles, Business Data Catalog configuration
- Extranet configuration
- External sites configuration
- Custom Development
- Custom application pages interfacing with SharePoint object model
- Web parts
- Features, solutions, and site definitions
- Event receivers
- User Training: Short classes focusing on information retrieval, working with documents & basic collaboration
- Content Manager / Site Administrator Training: Education for system
- System Administrator / Architect Training: Education about managing SharePoint farms
- Developer Training: Customized education for developers